Thursday, June 28, 2007

Google Talk Gadget

The most wanted feature of Google Talk was conferencing functionality. Yes, was! A new implementation of the Google Talk client written in flash now allows for group chats.

It's quite a nifty tool as it allows you to use Google Talk almost as though you had the desktop client, but all from the browser. And it also has one of the features I've come to love of Pidgin - tabbed chats. Apart from a few bugs and it slowing my Core 2 Duo down quite a bit when there's lots of activity, it's very useful. To use it go to the Google Talk site and click the big, blue "Launch Google Talk" button.

One of the things that excites me about this is that it's one of the big things I heard of in advance while at Google in January. For fear of talking too much I shall terminate this post now and keep it short.

No comments:

Post a Comment